Monday, April 13, 2009

Please Don't Leave Me! Without Saying Goodbye!


I mentioned in the myspace blog that I did an open mic at Starbucks. Well hey! It happened again. This past Friday, me and Josh headed to play at around 9 or so. His family showed up, a few of my friends showed up. Even Sabrina! My ex co-worker/mega great girl showed up. We want to try and make some sort of mini documentary for fun so Josh brought his camcorder to film everything. It went well. The only thing about playing there is that there is hardly time to think about dynamics due to the intense noise of the blenders. All of this is preperation for our concert next Wednesday. We plan on playing at Kaffie Middle School and Carroll High School within this week as well. Afterwards I hung outside of Starbucks with Sabrina and she successfully made my cheeks hurt. God that was gay. Also a real cute employee there introduced herself to me.

For some reason I didn't get the new Propaghandi from my friend so I'm still stuck with Broadway Calls. I looked through my box of CD's and found the legendary Pennybridge Pioneers by Millencolin. Who? Millencolin? Aren't they that band that had that one cigar song on that one Tony Hawk game? Yeah I love them! I got real into that album around my sophomore year of high school. It has some untouchable vocal melodies. I also stumbled upon a mix that I made a long time ago back when I was about 14 or 15. I wrote on top of it "Pop Punk Mix!" And wow was it something to listen to.
  1. New Found Glory-Hit Or Miss
  2. Yellowcard-Drifting
  3. Blink 182-Damnit
  4. Allister-Somewhere Down In Fullerton
  5. The Getaway-Ex Marks The Spot
  6. The Starting Line-Best Of Me
  7. No Use For A Name-This Is A Rebel Song
  8. The Ataris-San Dimas High School Football Rules
  9. Finch-Letters To You
  10. The Movielife-Something
  11. The Get Up Kids-Impossible Outcomes
  12. Story Of The Year-Until The Day I Die
  13. Allister-Summertime
  14. Allister-Friday Night
  15. Brand New-Soco Amaretto Lime
  16. New Found Glory-Eyesore
  17. New Found Glory-Black and Blue
  18. The Starting Line-Leaving
  19. Midtown-Still Trying
  20. Matchbook Romance-Tiger Lily
  21. Matchbook Romance-Promise
How much more wuss could I have gotten? Fuck. Some of those were hard to put down. But it really made me happy listening to this CD. I feel like pop punk can actually make someones life happier because there is nothing like listening to catchy/typical hooks on a summer day with friends. But the funny thing is at this time, I was also really into Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, Satanic Surfers and other legit punk bands. I was a troubled kid. I made mixed CD's like this all the time back then. A lot of the times I would make extras and give them to friends/girlfriends/girls of interest and it was sweet because like I mentioned in a previous post, pop punk was still kind of the "in" thing and people were usually pretty accepting. But I'm glad I went through that pop punk stage. Much better than being a 14 year old dipshit who thought he was super punx because he listened to The Misfits and The Casualties.

Millencolin-Fox.

I recently found out from San Francisco Conservatory of Music that I'm the highest paid incoming under-grad. Whats going on with all this? Why did they even accept me in the first place? Especially as the top selection. It's all pretty awesome. I was reading that there are 2 competitions within the school a year, a international competition held once a year, and apparantley the guitar ensemble travels all through out California performing so I get to compete and hopefully see the other major Cali cities. I'm so stoked to be attending a conservatory. I want to be the worst guitar player. I want people to wonder how I got in because I live off competition. I want to be better than everyone else. Not in a personal way. It's just self motivation. Never stop getting better. Never stop making personal goals. Never stop believing in yourself.

I'm just so stoked with life these days. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment