Sunday, April 19, 2009

This Is A Fable Far Too Real. We Somehow Still Cling To.

I just wish I could have ONE semester at UT Austin. I went up there for the weekend for the 3rd or 4th time this semester and I never have anything less than an amazing time. Fuck, why can't I just go get a delicious Tiger Blood snow cone with Ryan and Michael every day when I feel like it? When I dropped my car off on Dean Keaton, I just looked around and got excited about San Francisco. Austin is no San Francisco but still, being in a big city atmosphere got me thinking. I just wish there was a way I could be like "hey SFCM, I know I got into your school, but I also got into UT Austin and I really just wanna party for one semester with all my friends. Cool? K. See you in spring 10'." Even aside from being able to have weekends like the one I just had, I'd love to just be a part of UT. I'm a huge football and basketball fan and going to the games would be so awesome. But I guess partying with your best friends may not be as important as going to one of the top music schools in the country. Whoever made up logic sucks.

Propagandhi-Potemkin City Limits

Remember that feeling when you heard Big Wig's Reclamation? How disappointed you were that they pretty much failed at their attempt to be aggressive(although "A War Inside" is still a great song)? Well imagine if they had succeeded and you would have Propagandhi's Supporting Caste. I've never been a huge Propagandhi fan. Always enjoyed what I listened to but I never went out and bought all their music. I put the song "Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes" on a mix back in 9th grade and then got around to listening to that album my senior year of high school. I was pretty shocked when I heard this. I knew they were always aggressive and had that real noise-punk sound but damn, the first two songs blew me away. It's heavy stuff. I'm dumb for putting the one poppy song up because people watching the video and reading this will probably be questioning my definition of heavy. So I highly encourage you to visit their myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment