Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tell Them It’s Three Years That They'll Have To Wait As Their Whole World Implodes

Got in the car with my brother and two friends to make the never ending drive to College Station so we could catch the Propagandhi show the next day in Austin. We didn't exactly have a place to stay in Austin. We made a stop at Dairy Queen for some delicious ice cream. Can't go wrong with a vanilla ice cream cone. Anyway, it was at this point to where I took over the driving. While I do hate driving the road to CS, I don't mind it when there is good music and friends. So we put in Supporting Caste because it was only fitting to listen to the band we're going to see the next day. I'm driving, getting into the music, and see this sheriff just cruising on the shoulder of the road maybe 40-50mph. Pass him. No biggie. Well about 2 minutes later he comes up behind me. I go to the side to let him pass. He doesn't pass me. I'm going straight up 70mph. I had the cruise control set. No speeding whatsoever. I go to the side again. He still doesn't pass me. Well after about another 5 minutes of being on my ass, he turns on his lights and pulls me over. Big, hick, stereotypical Texas sheriff. I knew I didn't do anything wrong so while yeah, I was a bit nervous cause it's a sheriff, I wasn't freaking out. Pretty nice guy. Gave me a weird stare along with everyone else. He asked us why we were moving around so much. I said "because we were listening to Propagandhi." Asked us why we were headed where we were. I said "We're going to a punk show!" Apparently my heart was beating fast so he asked me to step outside of the car. I turned to my brother and smiled/opened my mouth in shock. He was quick to ask why I looked at him as I stepped out. "Is he your boss? Does he tell you what to and not to do?" I quickly counter with "Heyyyyyy! That's my twin brother! Can you believe it!?" He responds laughing and saying how much we don't look alike. I love when sarcasm goes over peoples heads. He got all our ID's. He took me behind the car to ask me some questions. Told me that we were all moving around in the car too much. This following part is not a joke made up for humor effect. He asks what schools we all go to(which I couldn't have been with a better crowd). I repeated what they had told him earlier including what school I go to: Cornell, Brown, Texas A&M and San Francisco Conservatory of Music. He asks me, "Aw yeah? Where's that at?" WHAT?! I calmly say "uhh San Francisco." He then asks if I'm in a band. Lighnting was going through my body when he asked me that but I again just said no. We shared a few sarcastic laughs. While he was scanning our ID's and I was just standing on the side of the road by myself, another cop showed up. But he had a nice doggie with him. Searched around and in my friends car for drugs. It was probably at the point where I saw the drug dog in my friends car to where I was like "DAMN. This is happening!" Shared a few more sarcastic laughs with him. Told him he could call me Raz cause earlier he had said how he couldn't pronounce my name and wanted to call me Raz. Got back in the car and took off. Why did we get pulled over? Why did we get accused of having drugs on us? Why?

Because we were jamming Propagandhi's Supporting Caste too fucking hard.


Propagandhi-Back To The Motor League

So it was time. Time to see one of the most legendary punk bands of all time. I was time to see Propagandhi. Canadian Rifle played first. Eh. Ok. Not terrible stuff. Drummer was good. Bridge and Tunnel played next. Never heard them before that night. I was really impressed. TONS of energy and really good music. Next was Trash Talk. Idk man, I'm still waiting to hear why they went on stage and refused to play music. They got half their name right...cause it certainly was TRASH. BURN. Anyway, it was terrible hardcore thrash music. I wanted to kick every slam dancer in the face. Who does that? At a Propagandhi show? Really? It was just god awful music. Propagandhi came on and didn't disappoint. Playing tons of Supporting Caste along with a lot of old classics. The pit was solid. It could have been bigger. Todd has the most intense fist pumps. Chris's voice just never goes flat or sharp. Great show. Great experience. Great times.

2 comments:

  1. Your are just too punk rock.and they can feel it

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's pretty much what I assumed.

    ReplyDelete