Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Don't Want To Believe That All Of The Above Is True

1. Bomb The Music Industry-Scrambles
2. Dillinger Four-Civil War
3. Dead To Me-Cuban Ballerina
4. The Descendents-Milo Goes To College
5. The Descendents-I Don't Want To Grow Up
6. Alkaline Trio-Maybe I'll Catch Fire
7. Piebald-We Are The Only Friends We Have
8. Straighten Things Out-Dawn Of A New Hope
9. Straighten Things Out-I Think We Better Split Up
10. Transit-Stay Home
11. Transit-This Will Not Define Us
12. This Is A Standoff-Be Disappointed
So these are all the albums I have just received. Anyone who knows me knows damn well how strict I am about getting the full appreciation for albums. I don't believe in listening to 5+ records at a time because then you pick favorites and end up neglecting. I'm combining albums on different blank CD's. I usually only listen to a max of 3 records at a time. Propagandhi's Supporting Caste is on it's last leg and Hit The Switch comes out with a new record the 30th so that leaves 2 available spots. Who's it gunna be? Well I had already been listening to The Descendents albums here and there so I'm going to go ahead and make it that.

This is really the main point of this post. Lets rewind back to June and July of 2006. Ready? It was summer time. It was a good time. I had this situation to where I knew what was going to happen with a certain girl but it wouldn't happen until August for details that don't really matter. It was a foregone conclusion. Anyway, the beginning of relationships are always the best because both parties are so fake with each other. It's so happy. So outgoing. You think to yourself, "I'm with the best girl ever! How could we ever fight?!" But it's once the girl realizes your in the relationship to stay till she shows her true psychotic/insecure/jealous/mentally unstable side. Haha it happens every time and it's hilarious. Anyway, I started getting into the Euro punk label Bells On Records. One of the bands they had signed was Straighten Things Out. I listened to their myspace religiously. Fuck, one of their songs "My Daily Wreck" was my myspace profile song! That's huge! So when your going through good times and listening to good music, obviously that music will make its impact. Those 4 songs off that myspace are songs that make me way nostalgic about that stretch of time that was really great for me. Well I'm just now getting all of that album. I want to add the This Is A Stand Off album but there isn't enough space. Should I take off those songs that remind me of those times so I could make the space? I would skip them anyway so why even put them on? Because I have to! I can't just take away the flow an album. They made it like that for a reason. And I've never had those songs on a CD. I want to hear the correct next song that is going to come on just like the rest of their fans do you know? So then I think to myself, can't I just listen to them again and again and ERASE and create NEW memories? This is something I have always been 100% against and have never considered. Sure, I listen to music I used to listen to from high school/early college but those are just one time deals. So I've spent nearly all day thinking about this. Is it even possible? What if it just ends up me feeling shitty every time I listen to it? I felt like I needed a brain the size of the mars attacks aliens to figure this out. I asked two of my good friends Mario and Lydia and they said it would be impossible to make new memories. That it would just keep burning and burning. Still haven't made up my mind. I don't plan on listening to them until mid June/early July anyway so I still have time to think about it. I looked everywhere for a video/mp3/something of the song My Daily Wreck, but no luck. There was a live video but the quality wasn't good. But you can listen to another song(same situation as My Daily Wreck) by them that impacts me almost as much as that one here.

WARNING: If you love acoustic stuff, you will love this

Joey Cape-I'm Not Gonna Save You

I found out the other day that I, Raziel I have the biggest man crush on Joey Cape Gonzalez has been given the opportunity to finally see his hero. I've expressed my love and why I love his music on here so much before so there is no need to further elaborate. June 30th, I'll be there in San Antonio, balling my eyes out trying to touch his shoes. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment