Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's You And Her Against This Cruel World


Happy Lagwagon Day! If your a close friend, you knew this post was coming. What can I say? The man to the right is my fucking hero. The man who is responsible for writing my absolute favorite song of all time. Joey Cape. I can't even begin to put into words what it means to me. "It's just another saturday." Every May 16th for the last 6 or so years, I have jammed Lagwagon's May 16th the entire day. When I say that, I mean it. I have it playing right now via myspace. When I go to my room I will put it on my Ihome. When I go to play Call of Duty in a little bit, I will gladly get killed more due to not being able to hear because I got May 16th playing. Anywhere I go today I will have it being played in my car. I go all out for this. Someone should make me a shirt. It reminds me most of that near perfect summer of 2004. Partying with friends. Playing shitty punk covers with my brother and Joe. Being off the hook with the girl I had been involved with for a good while. Regularly hanging out with different ladies(I was 14 so this was big). Saying goodbye to an at the time friend. Playing basketball. Just fucking enjoying that sun that the summer brings every year. I know that sounds dumb, but you should know what I mean. I want to get married on May 16th. I want the song me and my wife first slow dance to at my wedding to be May 16th. I want it to be played at my funeral. Why? Because this song pretty much sums it up. It has been my favorite song since the day I heard it and it will always remain like that. Sure, possibly better songs with way better melody and intensity(A Wilhelm Scream) and all that stuff may come around but there's nothing that could possibly overtake my never ending love for this song. Thats heart. Thats love. This song is everything I am.

Wasn't it just the other post I was talking about how crucial music was at parties? Well I had a pretty damn unexpected experience with this. Two nights ago, I went back to Islander Village or the Fountains or whatever it's called to party at another apartment there. 3 girls owned the place. It was a fun time. Only 10 or so people. Kings cup. Beer pong. Country song. Rap song. Dance song. Blah blah blah I'm more than used to it so I don't have a problem. Besides, it's not like its my place so I'm not going to bitch about the music. Anyway. Someone drew an ace during Kings cup so you all know what means, avalanche. I was maybe the 3rd or 4th person to the right so I got a legit amount of time to drink. While I was pouring the lovely bottle of bud light down to my stomach who would eventually hate me for it, a song came on that made me nearly spit my drink out. A song SO out of left field. I was in disbelief that I was hearing it. But that beginning guitar riff was exactly what I thought it was. Brand New's The Queit Things That No One Ever Knows. I was so happy that I started moving to the music during the avalanche. Loved it. One of the girls at the party had been going to warped since 03 so she dug the whole pop punk deal. There was more Brand New (Your Favorite Weapon) played along with songs off Taking Back Sundays Tell All Your Friends album. What a bad ass girl, right? Because of the randomness of that being played and the large amount of alcohol I consumed that night, I will easily put that on one of the top 10 best parties I've ever been to.

I played at Starbucks last night again and it may have been the last time I do that. One person showed up that I was actually surprised she did. Usually when you tell someone/exchange numbers at a party for plans a week ahead, they don't go through. I've enjoyed my friday nights the past month. It's been play at starbucks, hang out, then party. I love that but I'm kind of tired of playing there. The only way I'll play there now is if people request it. People meaning my friends.


Lagwagon-May 16th

Happy Lagwagon day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment