Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tonight I Will Redefine Everything and Tomorrow I Will Start In On My Better Days

Usually I wait for there to be a good number of things to talk about before updating this blog, but after last night, it was imperative that I do make this entry. I went to go see Funny People with a good friend Oneida last night. I have so many thoughts on that movie and in the end, I'm not sure I liked or disliked it. So we cruise around downtown in her car just hanging out because it's most likely the last time we'll hang out before I leave. She doesn't have the worst taste in music. I heard some bad stuff, some 90's rap, 90's r&b, and some other crap. But she does have Thrice, some Saves The Day, and some Set Your Goals so it's somewhat tolerable to see her dance and sing along with all the crap music. Well it was on shuffle and a band came up. A band that I had heard about back in that huge huge huge scenester/metalcore/"emo"core era in late 2003 and early 2004. Emery. When the music started playing my jaw literally dropped. I felt my masculinity slipping away. It felt like body parts were deteriorating. It was one of those points to where you evaluate yourself and appreciate that you have not become a slave to such music. The thought that people like this music is unbelievable. The thought that people would go see them live and nod their head or tap their foot makes me cringe. Weren't they just screaming about walls a couple years ago? "Oh it's maturing." Nah man. This is just a bunch of d-bags that tried to go for the whole Panic! At The Disco/Fall Out Boy pop-rock sound so they could bank. You kidding? Seriously, if you like this band, please tell me. It will unfortunately be the end of any sort of friendship we had. I'm gunna stamp them. Emery is one of the worst bands around. Top 10 at least.



I just want to be with you tonight
The mood is set and we're here by candlelight
I paid my dues so don't be rude
Stop putting up a fight
I just want to get with you tonight


WHAT?!!!!?? How could 6 guys approve of these lyrics?! It's like they all sat around and said "Alright guys! What words end in ight?! Kite? Night? Candelight? Eat to bite(the catchy Terminal phrase)? Slight? Fight? Tonight? Might? Light? Dike? Knight? Right? Tight? Quite? Alright? AIGHT? Polite? Invite? Site? Alright! Well grab 3 or 4 of those words and use them back to back to back and make sure we sound like super big vaginas in the process! Sweet! 1-2-3-EMERY!." I can't possibly make a post with out good music on it somewhere. I did mention a few good bands earlier. One of them was Thrice and since Vheissu was pretty much mine and Oneida's relationship anthem, I will post a song from that album.

Thrice-Atlantic

But things can't be as,
They seem.
I'm so far from home.
This must be another dream,
But my eyes are,
Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment