Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's So Comforting To Know I'll Never Have To Think Again

So I made a movie. My brother always does this 7 day film festival deal and this year he asked if I could act in it. It involved having to wake up at 5 two mornings in a row to shoot at Starbucks. There was actually a night to where I was out till 3:30am and took a nap from 4:15-4:30am to wake up and take off to starbucks. It was pretty rough. I had a shit ton of lines. I hadn't acted in so long so it was a little hard finding my character with a script 8 pages long. I did get this really intense moment when asked about past relationships though. Unfortunately it will only make it on the extra's/bloopers. It can not be posted until mid August though for certain reasons I'm not 100% sure of. Anyway, what does this have to do with music? Well in movies, there is music. There is a church scene and I gave them a BWV 508 to play during the back ground. It's pure beauty and just another example of why Bach can not be matched. I know your asking, "Why have any other piece of music when you already played Bach once?" But it wasn't my movie so there as other music. We managed to get permission from Mike Hale and Suburban Home Records to use Hale's music for our movie and they have requested a copy. I don't know why, but it gets me super excited that the people from Suburban Homes and Mike Hale are going to get to point and laugh at my acting and our cheesy love story. It will most likely be posted on here when it can.

I visited Waco this past weekend with my family to visit my older brother Randy. It seems I always find myself there at some point in the year. It was a good time. Had good food at George's as always. George's is pretty much the epitome of Texas diners/bars. Just super Texan. Loud country music. Neon signs. Abundance of "cowboys and cowgirls." While I'm completely not into that stuff, it's always pretty fun to experience it. I started to think of how I'm going to miss certain things about Texas. Anyway, it was cool seeing Randy play. Heard a ton of old country songs that I still know all the words to. Good meat. Good Crazy Wings. Good everything. Solid.

Sorry this blog has been somewhat dead lately. I was super busy with that movie and other things. This blog will be much more active once school starts. I mentioned in a previous post about the Thrice cover show. Practices have been pretty fun. There is something else about playing music with a band as opposed to playing solo pieces. Both two very different feelings. Well our set list has changed up quite a bit. Due to certain reasons, we are now playing a little bit less of an intense line-up. It goes as follows.

1. Deadbolt
2. Trust
3. See You In The Shallows
4. Don't Tell We Won't Ask
5. Silhouette
6. That Hideous Strength

and MAYBE Under A Killing Moon. Oh hell! I mentioned Thrice again! You know what that means!

Thrice-Trust

When this frame fails me
Will I trust you to carry me through?
I know there's no such thing as safety
But I know what a promise can do.
Will I trust you, will I trust you to carry me through?
I will trust you, cause I know what a promise can do

No comments:

Post a Comment