Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How Do I Go On When Your Part Of Meeee. I'm Dying Inside Each Time I See You. Don't Lose Sight Of Me Cause You're All I See


It's 1am and damnit I want to party. BUT, most people I party with were studying tonight and my close friends are still up in Austin/College Station. Thus, I have been forced to do another one of these. Hows the guitar playing been? Not really there. I haven't been playing anymore than an hour or two a day. Why? Because I really went nuts this past school year and everyone deserves a break. I know my discipline and motivation will sky rocket the second I step foot on San Francisco soil. I was so unfocused on classical guitar today that when Rufio's "Above Me" came up on my ihome, I went to my game room, blew the dust off my old electric guitar, grabbed the amp, and took it to my room to play along. I got off shuffle and went to their album Perhaps I Suppose. The shuffle feature was still on but I didn't bother turning it off. Why is that relative? Because about 6 or 7 songs in, Raining In September came on when Road To Recovery had still yet to be played. Therefore leaving a what? 57% chance of it coming on after that? Well right as I hit the last chord for Raining In September I heard the sweet bass line for Road To Recovery and got super stoked. If you haven't listened to this album which I'm sure you haven't, those two songs are back to back so thats why it was so pleasing. Muscle memory is really in an amazing thing. It's been literally years since I've played through those songs. Playing them brought back so many awesome memories of late 8th grade and most of freshman year of high school. Walking around Carroll with my huge discman, theatre rehearsals, skipping 7th period, the parties, the cheesy girl crushes I had, the rainy Carroll days, just really everything about Carroll for those times. It was fantastic. I wanted to put Rufio shirt I'm wearing above to just go all out but was too lazy to find it. I found myself laughing at songs like "One Slow Dance," "Just A Memory" and "Road To Recovery." The lyrics are so incredibly terrible and cheesy. They are to all of them really.

Love is a bitch.
All relationships end.


You and me dancing the night away
You can feel my heart beating so hard.
We look eye to eye
And I'm swept away.


I remember you and me when we used to
Laugh all night until we fell asleep, oh
And i know we're through
But i've still got thoughts of you left inside my head


I was 14 years old...give me a break.

So as you should have read a few weeks back, I'm teaching. Teaching is pretty fun. A little frustrating at times since I'm dealing with two little girls but it's mainly fun. Catalina, one of my students, is this cute little blonde girl who is super goofy. I'm usually laughing the entire lessons because of the things she says. She told me she wants to be a singer when she grows up and go to either Harvard or Texas A&M CC. Fair enough. Well whenever she doesn't remember something, I write it on her paper and I usually say "I'm going to write that down." Well the first lesson I had with her I asked her how old she was, what school she went to, all that stuff. Well I had forgotten I asked her both those and so I ask how old she was. She says "7. Haven't I already told you that?" Then I ask her what school she went to and she responds "I already told you that too! Windsor Park! Write THAT down!" OWNED.


That fucking esurance song.

I seriously die a little every time this comes up on TV. I only watch two channels(ESPN and Comedy Central) and EVERY TIME with out fail this song seems to make me forget about the episode of Scrubs that made me want to change my life or the news on ESPN. It bothers the never ending shit out of me. Especially that "singing the blues" part that he sings real fast. Annoying! Terrible! Bothered me so much that I learned the chords to it so I could never play them in the same progession. He's doing an G7, A7 and C9 in the beginning which is a I II IV I. Then it goes into a C9, A7, then back to C9 C#9 (OH MY GOD THE GENIUS GOES CHROMATIC)then to D9. Then does the G7, A7, C9, D9, G7 which is a I II IV V I. So I warn everyone reading this that plays any instrument and composes, NEVER compose a piece/song that uses that chord progression in the key of G. Thank you and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment